George pulls a few surprises and interesting suggestions. Consider these:
2020 – fragmentation of China.
2050 – Global war between US, Turkey, Poland and Japan (the new world powers)
2080 – “Space based energy” powers the world
2100 – Mexico challenges the US
Mind you, George Friedman is not your average Nostradamus. George is chief intelligence officer and founder of Strategic Forecasting, Inc. (Stratfor), a private intelligence agency whose clients include foreign government agencies and Fortune 500 companies.
Without giving away too many clues of the book a number of other predictions:
– The US will remain the prime global power throughout the next century.
– Wars will be less deadly and fought in space rather then on earth.
– Turkey and Japan will become regional powerhouses as Russia and China decline.
– The US will develop three space-based weapons platforms, which Friedman calls “Battle Stars”
– By 2050, Friedman sees Japan pulling a Pearl Harbor-esque strike against the Battle Stars
The Next 100 Years presents a fascinating picture of what lies ahead.