Many enterprise IT software vendors have a multi-tier go-to-market model and strongly depend on their alliances and partners for demand generation and solution delivery. Most companies have a strong seperation between ‘marketing to’ partners to elevate the marketing position within existing partners and ‘marketing through’ activities to enable partners to create awareness and generate demand.
Another appoach is to build a Community of partners who have a strong professional interest in your solutions to:
- Facilitate company-to-partner and partner-to-partner communications
- Help partners expand their market coverage and discover new routes-to-market
- Connect partners to improve customer alignment in vertical markets
- Facilitate the sharing of best practices, solutions and knowledge among partners
- Incorporate other business and marketing programs of value to your partners